Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Late Song: Freelance Whales

This is a bit past Sunday...and Monday too for that matter. My excuse: Deadlines have been looming and I've been buried in an avalanche of Russian essays (in Russian), GIS visualization (map-making in layman's terms), and trying to help put together a lecture that will convince a bunch of eighteen-year-olds that there is much more to studying applied political economy in Europe than study abroad excursions to Spain. 

I'll be back tomorrow to write some and share some wonderful finds I've made in the past few days, but in the meantime I want to share this song from a great little band that my sister introduced me to, the Freelance Whales. Their closest relation in sound is probably Arcade Fire, another love of mine, with their astral sound and choice of instruments. Here's their song "Aeolus," performed live:



Freelance Whales performing Aeolus from their new album Diluvia, available now. 
Get it on iTunes here: http://smarturl.it/freelancewhales 
Find out more here: http://www.freelancewhales.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are welcome!