Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday's Musings: Reflecting


Repurposed
 
Last night I ate one of the best meals of my life. It wasn't anything particularly special- just some soup and salad- but after not eating for a week it tasted amazing. As I reflect on this week of prayer and fasting, I can't say that I had any massive breakthroughs or earth-shattering moments, but I did learn much and I have much to be thankful for and to continue to be thankful for.

God confronted me again with the reality of my sin, especially of my pride. I have quite a propensity to think of myself more highly than others and to put my ways above all others, even God's. I pray that God will continue to convict me and to chip away at this pride as I seek to put him first above all things and to clothe myself in humility.

Prayer for me this week was such a life-giving source of sustenance and comfort. I think I've rediscovered the joy that comes from frequent intercession, and I've especially loved praying through God's Word in all its depth and beauty and power.

Throughout this week, I've been able to dive so much deeper into the Second Mile community, and it's been wonderful. I can see so many ways I want to get more connected and serve more within this body of believers, and I think that God is beginning to call me towards new avenues of ministry that will continue beyond college.

And, most importantly, I rediscovered that longing within me for Jesus to return. As my body cries out for food, so my heart and soul cry out for the fullness that only Christ can bring, and I long for the day that all things will be set right, when I can turn from the things I love in this world to the Original who created them as small reflections of his glory. And for all of these things, I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are welcome!