Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recipe Roundup


I love experimenting in the kitchen and trying new things, so I collect new recipes like squirrel storing up acorns for the winter. So I thought I'd start sharing some of my collection with you all every week. And every so often, I'll even try to share a few recipes of my own. Here's this week's ideas:

I don't make this recipe anymore since going vegetarian, but I promise that it's super easy and delicious. I recommend substituting prosciutto for the canadian bacon. And even if you're a fellow vegetarian, it's worth checking out the asparagus recipe. It's so tasty!
I make this without the prosciutto, and in order to make this healthier and simpler, I just use a whole-wheat tortilla instead of the pizza crust. It makes a great snack or supplement it with a bowl of soup to make a meal of it. Feel free to substitute spinach for the arugula. Add feta or fontina cheese to make it extra delicious!
These make a delicious topping for almost anything. They're especially tasty on top of a spinach salad and perfect as a waffle topping (though I'd recommend leaving out the balsamic if you plan to use them as a breakfast syrup).
These are unfortunately not a healthy treat, but I'm thinking they might be perfect to take to this weekend's Superbowl party. I have a wealth of fresh lemon juice from my parents' lemon tree, so I'll probably substitute lemon juice and lemon zest for the lime juice and lime zest. Either way, I'm sure they'll be a hit.

Happy Cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are welcome!