Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Photos for Wednesday: Butterflies

Looking out
Butterflies in the Tucson Botanical Gardens greenhouse 
A few weekends ago, my boyfriend and I took a Saturday afternoon to explore Tucson Botanical Gardens (one of Tucson's hidden gems). The gardens are right in the middle of the city, but when you are wandering through them, it feels like you've escaped the city entirely. The butterfly exhibit in the garden greenhouse was fantastic- we had so much fun finding all the different sorts of lovely (and slightly strange) creatures in there. And, of course, I took some pictures:

Monarch wings
Butterflies are such lovely creatures

Disguise
I think it's pretending to be a dinosaur. I did that when I was little too.

End of Beauty
This butterfly unfortunately had hit the end of its six-day lifespan, but it was still so lovely, even in death

In Flight
Butterflies in flight (note: these are the same ones as the pretend-dinosaur one)

Hello Earthlings
"Greetings Earthlings!"
This might have been my favorite one, just because of how weird it is.
I could definitely imagine it as an alien.