This is one of my favorite weeknight suppers- it's a super-simple vegetarian, gluten-free meal that's actually quite packed with protein and fiber. Plus it uses one of my favorite foods- Avocados!
Guacamole Egg Cups
2 medium avocados
juice from half a lime
[optional] peppers of your choice
[optional] small purple onion
Sriracha or salsa of your choice
1. Dice the tomatoes into small cubes. (Do the same with any desired peppers and/or onion). Cut the avocados in half and scoop out the flesh, being careful to keep the outer rinds intact.
2. Mash the avocados in a medium size bowl until only small chunks remain. Mix in the lime juice along with all the spices to taste. Add in the diced tomatoes (and onions and peppers).
3. Scoop the avocado back into the rinds, dividing them evenly between the four rinds.
4. Poach the eggs. I'm pretty lazy and unsophisticated in my poaching technique, but this guide from Smitten Kitchen is great for anyone who's not so familiar with poaching.
5. Dry the poached eggs on a paper towel before placing one on top of each of your cups
6. Top each cup with Sriracha or salsa
Eat and enjoy!
Photos and Recipe by Kara Haberstock