Tuesday, January 22, 2013

To Make: Terrarium

 DIY Terrarium via Project Wedding
As the artsy-crafty type, there's usually a list of at least three projects in the back of my mind that I'd like to complete if only I could manage to find the time. And since I'm finally taking a lighter semester (no writing-intensive classes for the first time since I started college!), I actually have the time to check some projects off the list. And thus here, in order of scheduled time of completion, are my projects for this spring (so far):


1. Finish the vases for the Tucson reception (expect a post next week)
2. Give the beloved bubble chandelier a facelift (in blue!)
3. Finish organizing the apartment
4. Learn how to grow mushrooms (I'm debating about trying this kit)
5. Create my own terrarium

For a while now, I've been fascinated by terrariums-- I love the idea of living decor. Plus Tucson is a perfect place to grow succulents. I'll probably find my glassware at one of my favorite thrift shops around here, but these lovely terrariums will be my inspiration:

Pyramid Terrarium, Jechory Glass Designs

Air plant terrarium, Sea and Asters
Universe terrarium, ABJ Glassworks

Suspended Tetra, Score and Solder
Glass terrariums,  West Elm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts are welcome!